Hosted PBX, also referred to as VoIP technology or PBX in the cloud, is a great choice for companies looking to save money, increase scalability and make ongoing maintenance easier. Most companies are familiar with the traditional PBX box that was located at the office, but now it can function outside of a physical location. Hosted PBX is a cloud-based phone system that offers a lot of benefits for businesses.
By utilizing hosted PBX, you don’t need to rely on an IT representative to install, configure and maintain the physical PBX box, since it’s all in the cloud. All the features that your company needs are available and configurable via a web portal. As long as you have an internet connection, the phone automatically connects to the cloud regardless of where its located making it a great option for remote employees as well. Here are a few more reasons why you should consider transitioning to hosted PBX.
- It’s less expensive than traditional phone lines since it’s cloud-based. This means you don’t need to buy hardware, software or worry about the costs with getting it installed. Overall, there are no up-front investment costs since it’s managed off-site. You can even configure your phone systems and features via a web-based portal as we mentioned earlier.
- Because it’s cloud-based, there isn’t much maintenance besides updates. You don’t need to worry about those either if you have a managed service provider, like Valeo Networks, handling your IT needs for you. We’ll also review your bill to ensure you’re not paying for anything unnecessary. And we have the capability of putting all of your telecom expenses (voice, internet, etc.) on one bill to make it simple!
- It’s incredibly scalable and can grow as your business grows. If you need to add new features, additional phone lines or even an entire department or location, hosted PBX gives you the opportunity to expand.
- You can integrate mobile and other devices easily. Working remotely has become more popular, and with cloud-based PBX, you can take your phone with you, because as long as it has an internet connection, you connect to the server easily. It also gives you the option to forward calls to your cellular phone.
- For companies dealing with a lot of customer service, hosted PBX brings a sense of professionalism to your business. You’ll have the option for an automated system that easily directs customers to the right person – no matter where they are in the country. It also allows you to setup call attendants, customize greetings or create DID (direct inward dialing) numbers that route the customer directly to that representative. You can also integrate chat, phone and email to make communication unified and simple. The features are limitless and customizable.
- Finally, hosted PBX gives you a sense of peace knowing that if disaster strikes an area with one of your locations, it won’t affect your phone system. Communication will continue- whether between employees during an emergency or with customers across the country.
We offer guidance and support for setting up hosted PBX. Reach out to us for an evaluation and we can help you smoothly transition. Our prices start at $20/seat with unlimited calling nationwide and includes a polycom phone. Contact us today to get started!