Typically at the start of summer, the climate change and resulting hotter and arid conditions significantly increase wildfire frequency and severity. Last week, a fire in Santa Clarita burned over 350 acres, resulting in more than a 1,000 evacuations. In 2013, Valeo Networks experienced its own wildfire, a 28,000 acre fire that started half a mile away from its headquarters. We were fortunate that our building and our business data didn’t go down with the fire. However, even if our building did burn down, our business would be able to bounce back within hours. Why is that the case? Because our data is backed up. Valeo Networks had off-site backups, so even if our building were to burn down, our data can brought back from the cloud with off-site virtualization.
Backing up data is essential and we stress to our clients that it should not be ignored, yet many small businesses do not perform backups.
The statistics. Plenty of businesses have had the unfortunate experience of losing important, valuable data that helps their business thrive. We would like to take a moment to share the following statistics on data loss, losses that may very well have been prevented, if your business opted for better security and or/disaster recovery.
- Over 30% of users have lost 100% of their files and information at one time, due to a natural disaster, an accident, malicious virus, or catastrophic server failure(s).
- It is estimated that the average cost for any major data loss is over $200 per database record. If even one database is corrupted or compromised, it can cost an organization hundreds of thousands of dollars in recovery costs and fines — unless, of course, there is redundant data stored in a cloud backup or other system.
- In any given year, up to 25% of PC users will suffer an episode of data loss.
- 34% of businesses do not test tape backup. Of those 34% of businesses, companies using antiquated back-up methods (such as tapes) found that in over 77% of cases, the data exhibited discrepancies or failures that could not be fixed, rendering the back-up useless.
- 7 out of 10 small businesses go out of businesses within one year because of catastrophic data loss
- Companies that are unable to bounce back within 10 days without disaster recovery are unlikely to survive
Valeo Networks can help you prepare for disaster, recover from a disaster and minimize downtime
Valeo Networks is currently responsible for Disaster Preparedness/Contingency Planning and has developed custom storage solutions, including Continuity of Operations (COOP) and disaster recovery plans that provide data redundancy and system security. These plans include hourly incremental backup schedules, solutions for onsite and cloud-based media storage, quick virtualization of failed servers, and procedures to automatically test backup data on a daily basis. The bottom line is our solutions can reduce downtime from weeks to hours or days. Backup plans are reviewed with the client and changes are made as needed. Clients can be given access to a web portal to review the status of their backup system or opt into receiving weekly reports via email.
- Valeo Networks will provide installation and configuration for clients to backup their servers locally and to duplicate data to a cloud-based storage solution. Cloud-based storage will be handled and hosted by Datto, a vendor that Valeo Networks partners with. Datto provides backup products and services for hybrid cloud business continuity, planning, and disaster recovery.
- In the case of Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity, we will use the locally hosted or cloud-based Datto to spin up virtual machine(s) based on the situation at hand. This solution provides an incredible amount of flexibility to the small business (SMB) without paying enterprise-level prices.
- Valeo Networks also can do incremental back-ups. Datto is flexible in that it provides our clients the ability to set any backup schedule that they desire, to include daily, weekly, and monthly backups. With Datto, we can provide unlimited cloud storage.
- Valeo Networks will also configure notifications of backup failures to include snapshots and email notices.
What our services will also do for you
- Eliminate slow data transfer to your business via the Internet
- Eliminate the use magnetic tapes as a backup option
- Upon disaster, we will have a new device shipped to your business overnight containing your otherwise-lost data, and
- Grant you the ability to quickly recover multiple terabytes of information in 24 hours, which would be nearly impossible using other methods.
No backups? Why wait? Call Valeo Networks today!
Valeo Networks, LLC (Valeo Networks) is a trusted partner in IT support and services, providing technology solutions that are designed to take your business to the next level. No matter what your IT requirements are, the Valeo Networks experts can create, implement and support a technology strategy that will fit your business and budget.
Call one of our regional offices, (805) 222-4977 (California) or (321) 848-0340 (Florida) to discovery why many businesses count on us for dependable IT solutions today.
Valeo Networks – The IT Experts. Why Trust Anyone Else?