PROTECT YOUR PATIENTS and Your Business.
Many health care providers who receive, store and transmit data in electronic form face the risks of stolen computer data, malfunctioning computers, hackers and other preventable losses of information. The electronic health information they hold is critical to their business and vital to the care of their patients. Providers face major problems protecting electronic protected health information (ePHI) from being misappropriated, misused, or unavailable.
Is you data security HIPAA compliant?
Valeo Networks has over 10 years of experience in working with the Federal Government in highly regulated IT security and compliance arenas.
Any organization handling PHI (Protected Health Information) is mandated to satisfy all requirements for HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) compliance. Don’t allow your organization to fall victim to a HIPAA violation, which will lead to penalties and ultimately lower the reputation of your healthcare-related business. Much of the electronic information, healthcare businesses, hold is critical to their company and vital to the care of their patients. Providers face major problems if their patients’ sensitive information is stolen, misused, or unavailable.
Valeo Networks is armed with the professional expertise and hands-on knowledge required in helping its clients to be HIPAA Compliant and secure data according to the HITECH (Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health) Act.
Does your business need help in understanding the voluminous regulations and nuances of the HITECH Act Security or HIPAA Compliance?
Your on-site evaluation includes:
- Risk Assessment: Documenting and thoroughly understanding access to Protected Health Information (PHI) and your network systems and workflows is a critical first step in HIPAA Compliance – it’s required! We identify and document the hardware, software, network components and devices (iPads, Smart Phones, Tablets, etc.) that have access to, store, and transmit Electronic PHI. This is the only reasonable way that you can evaluate the risk of breaches in your current systems.
- Review Policies and Procedures: As part of the HITECH evaluation, we analyze the mechanisms in place that control who can access what data and identify whether encryption is used to enhance this capability. The standards require you to determine which transmissions of data are at risk of being accessed by unauthorized users.
- Secure Offsite Backup Storage Evaluation: Protecting electronic data from loss or corruption is a critical component of computer security. Loss of data from emergencies, disaster or mechanical disk failure, or viruses are just a few of the risks that face your business. A solid contingency plan will include a backup system that will create exact copies of the data. Knowing how much data you have will be important in understanding how much backup space you need. At a minimum, your backup system should be able to store all of the critical data needed to run your practice in the event of a disaster. An analysis should be conducted to identify these critical data.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Check: How is your business currently prepared to cope with a disaster? Even if you have a physical backup of your data, will your systems be operable if the server housing them crashes? How long can your business be down before it causes catastrophic damage?
- Firewalls, Malware, Virus Protection and Intrusion Detection: We perform a security assessment to determine how secure your networks are from hackers and nefarious attacks from viruses that can steal passwords, log into systems and steal Electronic PHI.
- Annual Security Audits and Reporting: As part of HIPAA compliance, you should have an annual Security Audit and Report to provide an audit trail of who accessed what and how. This will only be possible after understanding your network hardware, software, workflows and administrative access policies as stated above.
Protect your patients and your business with Valeo Networks.
Don’t Leave Your Business Vulnerable
If your organization has not implemented the appropriate safeguards to protect the health information of patients and plan members, now is the time to take action. Non-compliance carries a significant cost. Today, the Office for Civil Rights is taking a tougher stance on HIPAA violations. Contact us to talk about this evaluation more today.
Start Your Journey
Make your IT matter and start your collaboration with Valeo Networks