Manufacturing and information technology nowadays go together like bread and butter. It wasn’t that long ago that manufacturing managers focused all their attention on running the factory, while leaving Information Technology (IT) concerns to others. Now, IT is no longer ancillary support to help get the ‘real work’ done; instead, it has become integrated with the whole manufacturing process—and is something that has to be managed every day in operations. Several decades ago, we learned that manufacturing models had to get better every day in small, incremental steps. The same holds true for information technology.
Manufacturers now rely on just one company to deploy, host, manage, and service their entire IT operation in a proprietary environment in a single remote location. Freed from the burdens of day-to-day IT management, companies can devote more of their time to the strategic thinking that will enable them to improve their e-commerce initiatives in the future.
Are you a manufacturing company looking to outsource your IT? Here are some of the top reasons why others have:
- Reduce and control operating costs. When you outsource, you eliminate the costs associated with hiring an employee, such as management oversight, training, health insurance, employment taxes, retirement plans etc.
- Improve company focus. It is neither practical nor possible to be a jack of all trades. Outsourcing lets you focus on your core competencies while another company focuses on theirs.
- Gain access to exceptional capabilities. Your return on investment is so much greater when you outsource information technology to a firm that specializes in the areas you need. Instead of just the knowledge of one person, you benefit from the collective experience of a team of IT professionals. Outsourced IT companies usually require their IT staff to have proper industry training and certifications as well.
- Free internal resources for other purposes. You may have someone in your office that is pretty good with computers or accounting, but most likely these were not the jobs he or she was hired to do. If they are spending time taking care of these things, who is doing what they were hired to do? Outsourcing allows you to retain employees for their highest and best use, rather than wasting their time on things that may take them longer than someone who is trained in these specific areas.
- Resources are not available internally. On the flip side, maybe you don’t have anyone in your company who can manage your IT needs, and hiring a new employee is not in the budget. Outsourcing can be a feasible alternative, both for the interim and for the long-term.
- Maximize restructuring benefits. When you are restructuring your company to improve costs, quality, service, or speed, your non-core business functions may get pushed aside. They still need to be handled, however, and outsourcing is an optimal way to do this. Don’t sabotage your restructuring efforts by failing to keep up with non-core needs.
- Function difficult to manage or out of control. This is definitely a scenario when outsourcing to experts can make a big difference. But don’t make the mistake of thinking you can forget about the problem now that it’s being “handled.” You still need to be involved even after control is regained.
- Make capital funds available. By outsourcing non-core business functions, you can spend your capital funds on items that are directly related to your product or your customers.
- Reduce Risk. Keeping up with technology required to run your business is expensive and time consuming. Because professional outsourced IT providers work with multiple clients and need to keep up on industry best practices, they typically know what is right and what is not. This kind of knowledge and experience dramatically reduces your risk of implementing a costly wrong decision.
Valeo Networks’s (Valeo Networks) Managed Services Provider Product is the complete technology solution for you. We have dependable, effective, service-desk solutions through a veteran team of IT professionals based in the U.S. Listed below are a few ways Valeo Networks can help your company:
- Hardware and Software Audits
- Performance, Patch & Anti-virus Reports
- LogMein Remote Control
- Multi-Vendor Anti-Virus Management
- Application, Performance & Hardware Monitoring
- Full Remote Problem Resolution
- Server Maintenance Schedules
- Service Requests for Issues Outside of Monitoring
- Remote Login and Diagnosis
The Internet has made operations and information technology inseparable. The task before both scholars and practitioners at this point is to make sure their lives together are as productive as possible. Reduce your risk and contact Valeo Networks for your free IT Network Assessment!
Looking to determine whether your company should outsource your IT functions? Give Valeo Networks a call or email us today!
Valeo Networks, LLC (Valeo Networks’s) mission is to provide our clients with the best in-class products and service. Our Experts take pride in demonstrating their passion for their work and their desire to make a difference. We are committed to providing you with the best customer service experience possible. 100% of our service and installations are performed by certified technicians with technical degrees in their field, not uncertified subcontractors. 100% of our technicians are measured on specific technical proficiencies for all of the services we provide.
Call us at (800) 584-6844 to discover why many businesses count on us for dependable IT solutions today.
Valeo Networks – The IT Experts. Why Trust Anyone Else?